Join the Board
The Washington State Food and Nutrition Council is led by an all-volunteer board comprised of WSFNC members.
Detailed job descriptions including specific responsibilities, support system and approximate time involvement can be found in the Standing Rules.
The WSFNC Board meets on the second Thursday of every month. Monthly meetings alternate between in-person meetings and conference calls. In-person meetings are held at Solid Ground (1501 North 45th Street, Seattle, WA 98103-6708). All members are welcome to attend. See the Events page for the upcoming meeting schedule.
Ready to Join?
If you are interested in joining next year's Board, contact the WSFNC President.
Officers are elected annually for a term of one to two years depending on the position. Terms of office begin October 1st and end September 30th, and elections are typically held in late spring/early summer.
- President: 1 year, and is "Past President" the subsequent year
- Past President: 1 year, the year following the Presidency
- Secretary: 2 years, assumes office in even years
- Treasurer: 2 years, assumes office in odd years
- Conference Planning Chair: 1 year
- Conference Planning Committee (two positions): 1 year
- Nominating Chair: 1 year
- At-Large members (two positions): 1 year
Standing Committee Chairpersons
The President appoints the following chairpersons for one-year terms, from October 1st to September 30th.
- Legislative Chair
- Membership Chair